ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

LHC Finds HBP? Or at least...they think they did...Awesome if confirmed!

(1/4) > >>

KynloStephen66515:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2073037/Higgs-boson-Observation-God-particle-expected-CERN.html

The ‘God particle’, hailed as the holy grail of physics, may have been glimpsed for the first time.

Excited scientists at the Large Hadron Collider – the world’s biggest atom smasher – are expected to announce today that they have spotted the Higgs boson particle.

While they will not claim definitive proof, they are tipped to reveal tantalising evidence of the particle’s existence.
--- End quote ---

rgdot:
 :up:

Physics rules  8)

KynloStephen66515:
47 Years in the waiting!

zridling:
Ironically, the misnomer "god particle" for the Higgs Boson, if discovered, would effectively kill off the idea (or need) to explain god. The Standard Model will be complete at that point, showing us how matter interacts, and gains mass and attraction. Not sure god-believers would know whether they should be depressed, but then nothing would let them give up their metaphors.

Deozaan:
I admit my ignorance in physics (supposedly I'm dumber than a monkey when it comes to physics) and especially about the Higgs Boson, but why would the knowledge of how matter interacts and gains mass and attraction remove the need/idea of God?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version