ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

AdBlock Plus To Not Block All Ads

<< < (13/15) > >>

app103:
How could I make the CSS script:
@-moz-document domain("google.com") OR @-moz-document domain("google.co.nz")
- or am I stuck with one domain only?
-IainB (December 19, 2011, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

You will have to create a set for each domain name by pasting the code into the file twice..

Use @-moz-document domain("google.com") for one of them and @-moz-document domain("google.co.nz") for the other. No promises that the ID names will match the ones used in the page of the localized version. Test it and let me know if it works, and if it doesn't, I'll take a look at the google.co.nz page and see what is going on.

mahesh2k:
Thanks app for the fix. By the way I do have issue like IanB with regional google domain. I'll see if i can fix that. In between ABP autoupdated itself and this message popped up.

AdBlock Plus To Not Block All Ads

IainB:
How could I make the CSS script:
@-moz-document domain("google.com") OR @-moz-document domain("google.co.nz")
- or am I stuck with one domain only?
-IainB (December 19, 2011, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
You will have to create a set for each domain name by pasting the code into the file twice..

Use @-moz-document domain("google.com") for one of them and @-moz-document domain("google.co.nz") for the other. No promises that the ID names will match the ones used in the page of the localized version. Test it and let me know if it works, and if it doesn't, I'll take a look at the google.co.nz page and see what is going on.
-app103 (December 19, 2011, 09:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Done it. It now seems to work OK. Thanks.
The red border appears on adverts in both domains.
To be able to see the adverts in the first place, it looks as though I need to disable these FF add-ons: (requires FF restart)

* AdBlock Plus
* ABP Element Hiding Helper
* NoScriptThanks for all the tips folks!

tomos:
Thanks app for the fix. By the way I do have issue like IanB with regional google domain. I'll see if i can fix that. In between ABP autoupdated itself and this message popped up.
-mahesh2k (December 20, 2011, 01:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, got that message too

wraith808:
Adblock plus just upgrade on my Chrome installation.  It now blocks even less ads!  I had it set to not block ads from friendly sites, and it blocked intrusive video ads from facebook.  Now it doesn't.  And it was literally before upgrade (blocked) and after upgrade (same page didn't).  So I turned off the non-intrusive ads thinking that it had miscategorized, and they were still not blocked.

I think Adblock Plus is definitely selling out, slowly but surely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version