ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Web Link Captor

Latest Web Link Captor Release - v1.11.01 - Dec 17, 2013

<< < (4/8) > >>

mouser:
In the output preview section, is there a recommended way to transfer the output elsewhere?  With the appropriate tab selected Control+A, Control+C, and Control+V at the destination?
--- End quote ---

yeah i suppose i really should have a Copy To Clipboard button shouldn't I?

IainB:
In the output preview section, is there a recommended way to transfer the output elsewhere?  With the appropriate tab selected Control+A, Control+C, and Control+V at the destination?
--- End quote ---

yeah i suppose i really should have a Copy To Clipboard button shouldn't I?
-mouser (December 12, 2011, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe also consider implementing a design concept of structured integration with CHS, rather than ad hoc extensions?
So you might get, for example (from this thread so far), options to:

* INPUT: recognise and pick up the search terms from CHS, if they were already in the CHS database.
* PROCESS: include CHS database records (of some definable type) in the search for matches.
* OUTPUT: output results to CHS.That could save a lot of duplication of effort and mucking about when using the WLC (assuming that you already had the relevant data in CHS and wanted the output in there too.)

On another point, I would be very interested in ß testing WLC if you were opening it up for "...additional uses in creating different programs that do different things but use the same paradigm of letting user assemble and configure chains of batch scripts to run" (as you had intimated above).

mahesh2k:
I see one more use of WLC : Capture the URLs from various web pages into clipboards and later add it to WLC for uploading these urls into delicious or similar other sites. This saves time, instead of using browser widgets and bookmark link, this can process large chunk of URLS. I hope this could be possible with extensions.

IainB:
In terms of "other uses", I'm not sure, but I wondered if this app. might be relevant: Boxie - Fix Music File Names (from id3 tags)
I wanted to take a look at their website but Malwarbytes tells me it is a dodgy URL, so I didn't.

mouser:
Well one very very natural extension (simplification really) of WLC would be as a combination GUI and extensible script collection for performing intricate text manipulation tasks.  It wouldn't be able to DO things you couldn't do using a scripting language, but it could make creating, configuring, and previewing chains of operations much easier to work with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version