ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Simple Software Licensing

<< < (5/5)

Deozaan:
I've got some feedback.

I was just playing with the Habanero License Manager. I filled out some various information and checked some boxes and then suddenly a prompt popped up with a message something like:

"New Version detected, do you want to save it?"

Did that mean that it detected a new version of Habanero and it's asking me if I want to update to it? I had just created the Product Secret, was it talking about a new Product Secret? I had no idea what it was talking about but I clicked yes just to be safe. Then nothing happened. Or if something happened, it appeared as though nothing happened. I now see a LicenseManager.lic in the LicenseManager folder. I'm guessing that's the file it saved to? Is that even what happened due to this dialog prompt?

I hadn't previously saved the file, so I was expecting a prompt for what to name the license file.

I played around with the Manager some more and found out the dialog prompt in the first place was talking about the Product Version I entered in. Perhaps that dialog could be made clearer by saying something like "You added a new Product Version. Would you like to save these changes?"

It's not too late to try this instead! I would actually be very interested in knowing if this works in Mono, it should do but you just never know...
-josant (January 21, 2012, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't yet know how to import DLLs into mono projects, so this isn't something I could just quickly try. I'll probably take some time to try it out though, but not today. :)

josant:
Thanks great feedback - yeah the prompt is a little/very unclear... And probably completely unnecessary, I think it should just save the new product version if it looks valid since the user just explicitly edited it - I will be changing that.

I am also going to add Netsparkle (or other updater) to the application to allow proper automatic updating of the binaries. That will make it very clear when there is a new version of the license manager available and what has been updated.

I've got some feedback.
"New Version detected, do you want to save it?"
I played around with the Manager some more and found out the dialog prompt in the first place was talking about the Product Version I entered in. Perhaps that dialog could be made clearer by saying something like "You added a new Product Version. Would you like to save these changes?"
-Deozaan (January 21, 2012, 08:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version