topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 11:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Idea: Maximize all Windows  (Read 6186 times)

Smobu

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Idea: Maximize all Windows
« on: February 12, 2011, 05:36 PM »
I tried to find a solution to maximize all windows in Windows 7 but I haven't found one. I know that the win+d key will minimize and restore all windows, but this method doesn't restore windows after a window is clicked upon. Does someone know of an application that can force all windows on the taskbar to a maximized state?

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Idea: Maximize all Windows
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 06:02 PM »
Am I going crazy cause that to me seems like you just want to do the same thing you can do by right clicking the taskbar and clicking "Show Desktop (Which changes to show open windows)"

Correct me if i'm wrong lol

Smobu

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 06:20 PM »
If I have multiple windows and I right click on the task to "Show the desktop", the windows all minimize. You do have the option in the right click menu to "show open windows", but if you were to click any windows that were minimized after clicking "Show the desktop", the ability to "show open windows" will be lost.

Smobu

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 01:19 AM »
I found this http://www.v7n.com/f...s-folders-maxall.zip that maximizes all windows this but it causes visual distortion to the taskbar.
http://i56.tinypic.com/6swefk.png

skribb

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 03:46 PM »
I tried to find a solution to maximize all windows in Windows 7 but I haven't found one. I know that the win+d key will minimize and restore all windows, but this method doesn't restore windows after a window is clicked upon. Does someone know of an application that can force all windows on the taskbar to a maximized state?

Hi! I had a similar conundrum recently so I made this little AHK script to work around it. Too stoned to tailor it for your specific needs but it might be a good start-off point for you if you want to try Autohotkey. Try hitting Win+D a couple times and you'll see what the app does. :)

;;;;;;  Show Desktop reroute into "miniimze all windows" to circumvent Samurize being hidden
#InstallKeybdHook

#NoTrayIcon

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.

SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.

SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

Menu, TRAY, Tip, KeyKey ; this is here in case I feel like showing the tray icon in the future

DesktopIsActive := 0

#d::
If (DesktopIsActive == 0)
{
WinGet, active_id, ID, A
If (active_id == 0)
{
MsgBox,,,No windows active on system
}
Else
{
DesktopIsActive := 1