ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What were these architects thinking?

<< < (3/3)

40hz:
Too bad for the americans that have too much trauma to appreciate the building.
-f0dder (December 09, 2011, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

More like too bad for those of us who get a queasy feeling seeing all those tons of cantilevered concrete and steel hanging something like 28 stories above a city sidewalk.

Please tell me they don't get earthquakes in Seoul!
 :tellme:

skwire:
I didn't "see" any twin towers connection until I read the blurb and, even then, it's a bit of a stretch.  I'm with wraith on this one; it's halfway around the world for Pete's sake.  Reminds me of Jenga or a Wii game called Boom Blox.

app103:
The smaller the image of the building gets, the more it looks like the WTC disaster, but I supposed the larger it gets, right on up to standing outside of it, the less it looks like it.

JavaJones:
I'm with many others here, didn't really get the association until it was pointed out. I personally feel many people are too quick to make such associations. I have sympathy for people who were actually there to experience it in NY that day, but anyone who wasn't and claims to carry around some huge weight 10+yrs after the fact really needs to examine their psyche I think. Why *let* such an event wound you so deeply, especially if you had no direct contact with it?

Anyway, my first thought was more along the lines of "woah, there's a glitch in the building routines!" hehe. Like some kind of scrambling or pixelation filter run on an architectural drawing. Kind of cool though...

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version