ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How to obtain nearly complete anonymity while online

<< < (4/4)

4wd:
Interesting. It didn't create a desktop shortcut nor did it make any links in the Start Menu. Maybe I need to re-run it as administrator to give it permission to make those links.-Deozaan (January 03, 2012, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe I should have mentioned that all my torrenting/Usenet is done on a headless XP Pro system so that's the only system that IPFilterUpdater is installed on.

It sounds like you're trying to install on W7, sorry, can't help you there :)

Deozaan:
Interesting. It didn't create a desktop shortcut nor did it make any links in the Start Menu. Maybe I need to re-run it as administrator to give it permission to make those links.-Deozaan (January 03, 2012, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe I should have mentioned that all my torrenting/Usenet is done on a headless XP Pro system so that's the only system that IPFilterUpdater is installed on.

It sounds like you're trying to install on W7, sorry, can't help you there :)
-4wd (January 03, 2012, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. Windows 7x64.

I ran the extractor again with admin permissions and it created a desktop shortcut as it should. (But didn't create a start menu shortcut that I can see.) Thanks again. :Thmbsup:

IainB:
I just checked, and it seems that this is still only available for Mac OpenDNS users: DNSCrypt – Critical, fundamental, and about time.

Keen to get my hands on this for Win7...    :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version