ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

google queries re new "2-step verification" / new style, etc

(1/3) > >>

tomos:
1] Anyone tried out the new "2-step verification" ?
How was it for you? ;-)

2] anyone know when they are going to force the new style [edit ~ I mean the new UI] on us? (I'll need to do support for some older-beginner-relatives when that happens - probably better to just make the change before it's forced on me, but having a time-frame would help). Edit - I see they've already forced it on one of my accounts, it's possible that it's being phased in as opposed to all at once...

eleman:
I use it. Not bad at all. Not intrusive.

Anyway, the banks here in Turkey made us used to two factor authentication, so it does not feel weird now.

Don't know what it will do to google talk alternatives though. Didn't try to use miranda or trillan etc. with this new system.

rgdot:
I wasn't aware that it will ever be forced. As if google care that much about stolen accounts, but that's another 'debate'.

eleman:
I wasn't aware that it will ever be forced. As if google care that much about stolen accounts, but that's another 'debate'.
-rgdot (December 07, 2011, 11:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

They probably don't care about the victims of stolen accounts, but they do care about the cash they bleed to support staff needed to cope with stolen account retrieval procedures.

rgdot:
They probably don't care about the victims of stolen accounts, but they do care about the cash they bleed to support staff needed to cope with stolen account retrieval procedures.
-eleman (December 07, 2011, 11:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

You are probably right, but having said that the 2 step verification setup itself is costing them a lot, if they didn't have Google voice infrastructure already I doubt they would provide 2 step verification so readily

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version