ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 RELEASE: Christian Prayer Minder

<< < (3/14) > >>

kyrathaba:
Okay, I've fulfilled both your feature requests, techidave. Now I've only to re-work the Search algorithm, and I'll be ready with v1.0.0.7. Best estimate is that it'll get uploaded in the next few hours, though possibly not until sometime Sunday.

techidave:
no hurry on my part!  take your time.  i would hate to see you create a bug while trying to add features.   :o

kyrathaba:
Okay, techidave and several others who have emailed me via the program's email button in the About dialog, thanks for your patience. The next version is almost ready for download. I just need to tie some code into the SelectedIndexChanged event of the lstSearchResults ListBox, so that as you scroll through entries, you'll be presented with filename, tags, author. Should be back sometime tomorrow with an announcement that it's okay to update to the newest version.

kyrathaba:
v1.0.0.8 is released! Please update using the Update button from the program's About dialog to download the installer for the updated version (no need to uninstall previous version: the installer will overwrite it, and any application data will be preserved).

See OP for additional features that have been added. At some point I'll be doing (hopefully) a video showing how the rebuilt Search feature is most robust/powerful.

@techidave: both your requests have been fulfilled. Here's a screenshot of the Search results. You can scroll through the results ListBox to view pertinent data associated with the selected prayer file. You can double-click the item to Load the prayer for further editing:

alternate fore-/back-color scheme:

kyrathaba:
Version 1.0.0.9 is available. Be alerted that it isn't compatible with prayer files created using earlier versions.

Improvements added in this version include:

[*]fixed cosmetic bug wherein temp form that shows article text was seen in taskbar
[*]fixed bug in buildTrackingFile() that caused UI to look all funky after method execution
[*]added contextMenuStrip to the textBox made by method showTextInDialogFormTextbox(), so that user can send article to his printer
[*]added application logging to "pminderLog.txt" in the AppData directory
[*]I've completely gotten rid of the text-based prayerInfo tracking system, and am using a serialized class now.
[*]Download of updated installer is now asynchronous, allowing examination of the rest of the About dialog while you wait.
[/list]

I was painfully reminded of a .NET irritation: your program cannot write to the application directory. Silly: why not? Grrr...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version