ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

One thought and one possible bug

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
When I clicked on the link node in my quick-links dock I was expecting the associated dock to be displayed just as if I clicked on its icon in the notification area or if I typed the hot-key sequence for it. What does that make it?
--- End quote ---

that makes it a different kettle of fish..

so basically you are simply asking for a button that can toggle dock visibility/minimization.

i should be able to add that somehow.

donw:
I just spent part of the afternoon trying to solve a similar problem. I have two users on my PC, an admin user and a limited (standard) user. I originally had two different docks in two different files. I then noticed that there was quite a bit of overlap and started out to link the two files, essentially I wanted my admin user bar to contain my limited user bar as a submenu. When I discovered I couldn't do this I ended up adding another tab menu to my main toolbar layout. The submenus for the tab menu were the two different users with the specific items that are unique to each user. My bar is now laid out as follows:

1. A set of child nodes for high use shared commands and submenus.
2. A tab menu that switched between users.
3. A tab menu that switches between categories like Audio Video, Images, Financial Software, etc.

I'm still discovering the power of LBC. Thanks Mouser.

mouser:
Fun to see people discovering tricks :)

Note 1: Remember to BACKUP your launchbar files occasionally, when doing this kind of fancy stuff.
Note 2: Definitely figure out how the menu type "Contents as root-level" items works.. It can be very useful when you want to create a *group* of items that is shared between docs or menus, but should still display as if they were not in a group/menu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version