Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 20, 2014, 06:36:54 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gmail's new look - how do I send mail now (not using the mouse; keyboard only)?  (Read 2022 times)
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

To make a difference, be different.

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 06, 2011, 09:04:20 AM »

Ok... now Gmail 'upgraded' my account too. I like the overall design changes, but why oh why did they remove the send (etc.) buttons below the editing area when you compose a new email? I used to TAB through the recepient, topic and text input areas and then use TAB again to send it (almost like here i the forum).

I tried a few Google searches, but couldn't find out how to send a mail now without touching the mouse... is there a way?

Thank you.
cyberdiva
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 09:48:19 AM »

When I foolishly agreed to be switched to the new look, I recall being told that I could temporarily switch back via Settings if I didn't like it.  I didn't like it, and I went to the Options button in the upper-right-hand corner, chose Settings, and there was the option to change back temporarily.  I did so, and am still using the old look.  Of course, I did all this using the mouse, but I suspect there must be a way to access Options and Settings via the keyboard.  (Then again, I'd assume there was a way to Send a message, too.  tellme )
hollowlife1987
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:20 AM »

Yes, you can still send messages without using the mouse, as cyberdiva said.

After ensuring keyboard shortcuts are enabled see here for list of keyboard shortcuts to use with gmail.

https://mail.google.com/s...;ctx=mail&answer=6594
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 11:41:32 AM »

Wow, thanks... that's *really* weird! You can *still* TAB out of the editing window and hit enter to send the email, even though there's no more visible send button there after the redesign!  cheesy

Thank you.
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 12:19:41 PM »

Pressing Tab will highlight the Send button above the editing window.

brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 05:17:49 AM »

Ah, didn't see that... interesting. smiley

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register