ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Gmail's new look - how do I send mail now (not using the mouse; keyboard only)?

(1/2) > >>

brotherS:
Ok... now Gmail 'upgraded' my account too. I like the overall design changes, but why oh why did they remove the send (etc.) buttons below the editing area when you compose a new email? I used to TAB through the recepient, topic and text input areas and then use TAB again to send it (almost like here i the forum).

I tried a few Google searches, but couldn't find out how to send a mail now without touching the mouse... is there a way?

cyberdiva:
When I foolishly agreed to be switched to the new look, I recall being told that I could temporarily switch back via Settings if I didn't like it.  I didn't like it, and I went to the Options button in the upper-right-hand corner, chose Settings, and there was the option to change back temporarily.  I did so, and am still using the old look.  Of course, I did all this using the mouse, but I suspect there must be a way to access Options and Settings via the keyboard.  (Then again, I'd assume there was a way to Send a message, too.  :tellme: )

hollowlife1987:
Yes, you can still send messages without using the mouse, as cyberdiva said.

After ensuring keyboard shortcuts are enabled see here for list of keyboard shortcuts to use with gmail.

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=6594

brotherS:
Wow, thanks... that's *really* weird! You can *still* TAB out of the editing window and hit enter to send the email, even though there's no more visible send button there after the redesign!  :D

Deozaan:
Pressing Tab will highlight the Send button above the editing window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version