ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

AFT! Blocking Google Nonsense is HERE!

<< < (2/4) > >>

IainB:
So this is basically the same thing as Personal Blocklist but without requiring the extension?
-Deozaan (December 06, 2011, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I don't think it's quite the same thing as as that.
I mean, I have the FF add-ons NoScript and ABP (AdBlock Plus), which seem to block/disable all such ads by default. (I also use Ghostery, which blocks the advertisers' data-gathering links, and I have ad-blocking in Gmail etc..)
My whole online browsing experience is thus generally pretty much ad-free and has been for years.
So I never seem to see these sorts of ads. that @Renegade writes of, unless I deliberately enable them. I don't even need think that much about it nowadays, I have become so used to having things this way.

So, where @Renegade writes:
That's going to be VERY useful!
--- End quote ---
- I can't really understand it. I can only suppose that he maybe doesn't have the ad-blocking features in his browser that I (and lots of others) have.

Nevertheless the feature that he is writing about evidently seems to be a handy - albeit belatedly courteous - extension by Google.

mahesh2k:
@Deozaan, tested. It is doing the same thing. It filters the specific domains listed on that list.

fenixproductions:
Only if you're logged into google..
-mahesh2k (December 06, 2011, 12:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
So nothing for me since I am always trying to keep Google off as much as possible (even blocking their search cookies).
AFAIR I was not happy when I had discovered it logs of ALL my queries (search history was ON by default few years ago).

KynloStephen66515:
Oh god... it's about ****ing time...

Google is just full of s**t. But they've got this now:
 (see attachment in previous post)
 (see attachment in previous post)
If you go back to Google, you may see the first one there. The second is after blocking.

That's going to be VERY useful!

I so hate dirty SEO scumbags... Like why would you lure me to your site when nothing you have is remotely relevant? Sheesh...

-Renegade (December 06, 2011, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

You could get your own back on them...

Spoilerinstead of blocking, just click the link, then close the site...that way they have to pay ^_^

Failing that, find an auto-clicker, then hit their unique google link, so they end up paying a fortune for no real results ;)

f0dder:
I wonder if Google is going to use the blocking as feedback to their scoring engine?

(And I wonder if it's a good idea for them to do that...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version