ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Url Pack 1.7.0.0

<< < (6/11) > >>

MilesAhead:
I tried a few other things but I don't see any way to keep the keyboard focus from shifting. I suspect there's no smooth way of doing it. In any case at least I found the bug where the short delay wasn't being invoked. :)

TaoPhoenix:

Oh well. Thanks for trying.

It's still a cute idea. I have one more suggestion. If I launch it behind an instance of a Transdesk second desktop node, is there a setting that keeps it from "barging into the main desktop node"? Aka When I start to launch it, say the first 3 pages load, then I switch back to my primary node, the other 5 pages then load there.

Any ideas?

MilesAhead:
I wouldn't have a clue. I haven't used virtual desktops in quite awhile. I haven't used tab managers to any extent. I don't know if they will open tabs the way you want it you saved a set, then launched the browser and put it in the background. If that works maybe you can set up a profile just for a tab set.

Trying to do it from the outside the way I am is generally discouraged by the system. Evidently it tries to give keyboard focus to the top window to discourage focus stealing.  I think TopMost is all you get.  There's no "modal" bit you can set for an ordinary popup window as far as I know. Maybe if you programmed that window. I see articles creating modal forms. But to use something like SetWindowLong() to set some existing window as Modal won't work. I tried setting the background window to No Activate but as soon as the new browser instance pops up it calls SetForegroundWindow() to set the previous instance to the foreground and the game is over. :)

In any case it's really beyond the scope of this utility. I put the question on AHK forum and didn't even get a reply. They probably think I'm trying to lock the keyboard onto one window for some malicious reason or just think the question is not likely solvable.

TaoPhoenix:
Hmm, even Topmost Toggle can't hold the focus when UrlPack loads. It does still keep this window active, but I have to keep clicking it back active to keep typing. Best case is set it on an "insightful" article to read.

I do think it's "in the scope" of your utility, though I accept if sometimes limitations arise. However, I also believe in the role of Perspective, either this is not possible in XP but might be for example in Windows 7 (looking to be like the next Long Term Windows without the Metro crap of Win8). But per a note elsewhere, thanks for looking. 1 chance in 20 I'll even throw it to the 3rd party coder crowd, but it's prob not on my high hit list.

MilesAhead:
Funny how people using code have a totally different view of what's in the scope of the program. It's a simple hotkey launcher, basically. It's just specialized to browser windows. Injecting windows into virtual spaces is way too complex.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version