ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Url Pack 1.7.0.0

<< < (2/11) > >>

MilesAhead:
Url Pack 1.3.0.3 Some minor fixes. Now pressing Esc key closes the Gui.

Rewrote the Readme.txt file.

MilesAhead:
Url Pack 1.3.0.4 Added MaxThon 3 to supported browser list.

Curt:
will it work if the desktop is set to not display any icons?

MilesAhead:
will it work if the desktop is set to not display any icons?
-Curt (December 07, 2011, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I would expect the .url files would still be detected and moved. If it doesn't work let me know. I'll have to come up with a capture from the address bar to make url shortcuts directly in the URLS folder.

MilesAhead:
Url Pack 1.3.0.6

v. 1.3.0.6  Fixed url file parsing to accommodate IE format.

v. 1.3.0.5  Added MaxThon 2 browser support.

Note: In IE 8 the "drag addresbar to desktop" technique does not work.  But you can do the same thing using File Menu, Send => Shortcut to Desktop.

MaxThon may have something similar.

I installed MaxThon 2 and 3 just to get the window class names and try out some basic functions. But, to be honest, these browsers are in such an unusable state after install that I really don't want to configure each one. I don't like to run Browsers that use IE engine since I got burned by a BHO some years ago.

The main issue now with IE is there seems to be a bug with settings to open new urls in tabs. It just doesn't work.  At least it doesn't work right on IE 8.

I tried opening the pack with MaxThon 2, then MaxThom 3 the active window.  New tabs were opened as expected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version