ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Ad Muncher: keeps the brain intact while surfing the Net - beats AdBlock!

<< < (5/15) > >>

mouser:
donationcoder.com has no affiliations with any software companies.

in fact we have a very strict policy that we accept NO commissions or affiliate payments or any kinds of compensations, unlike many websites.

the only thing we try to do is get dicounts for our members on software that is wanted here.

everyone on this forum has different favorite programs, and we encourage everyone to talk about their favorites.

we also try to be a friendly place where authors can come to chat a little.  not advertise their software but talk about it with people here who like it. and there are quite a few freeware and shareware authors who talk here.  the only thing we do ask is that if you are somehow connected to a company you need to say it clearly when you post.

in short, we have tried to make this forum a welcome place for people to talk about their favorite programs, and a place with authors of good programs can reach their users.  we always try to find freeware alternatives to every program, both in our reviews and in our posts.

i want to repeat - it is our strict and unbending policy that this site shall have no arrangement with any company which would have us benefiting from the sales of their program, or even the appearance of benefits from the sale of their program.  period.

brotherS:
i didnt know this forum is affiliated with ad muncher, no wonder the opinions are bias.
-kimmchii (March 29, 2006, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Huh?  :huh:

Like mouser said, that's wrong - but why did/do you think so?

kimmchii:
mouser has explained it, thank you.
just a misunderstanding.

Josh:
Just wanted to give everyone this hint for ad muncher to display some of its capabilities. This little section allows you to add a "Download Video" link to every youtube page so you can save each video you want. Just an example :)

This post has been updated on 14/07/2006 to allow it to work with the new Youtube.

Under My Filters

--- ---function y(swf_id){var i= swf_id.indexOf('=');var videoID = '';for(var no=1;no<swf_id.length-21;no++){videoID+=swf_id.charAt(i+no);}document.getElementById('yt_download').innerHTML='<a href=http://www.youtube.com/get_video?video_id=' + videoID + '>Download Video</a>';}- Add javascript to all pages

Under Tools >Replace Text

Match Text

--- ---<!-- google_ad_section_start -->*<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Replace Text

--- ---<div id="yt_download"></div>

Match Text

--- ---ord=math.random()*10000000000000000 + 3;
Replace Text

--- ---y(fo.getAttribute('swf'));
Now, when you visit any Youtube video page, a "Download Video" link appears above the video's title. Since Youtube stores all it's files as flash videos (.FLV), simply rename them as filename.flv .

This is only my first attempt at writing a custom filter and it's probably a rather amateur way to implement it, especially the replacement text.

Idea obtained from:
http://www.tian.cc/2006/04/howto-save-videos-from-youtube-updated.html
http://www.tian.cc/2005/11/how-to-save-flash-videos-from-youtube.html-weeguy
--- End quote ---

app103:
Ad Muncher does not block AOL's Rainman based ads. Nothing I have found can block these ads...except TPA Ad Buster.

Now this is only for AOL users that use the normal AOL software. Not for anybody else.

This removes the ads you see in chatrooms, on your mailbox, and on the file transfers window, by default. All the rest you just right click the ad and you'll never see an ad in that spot on that window again.

TPA has removed all links to this from their site, but the page to get it is still there. (they had a dispute with AOL over this)

Best of all...it's free!

You can use this alongside Ad Muncher, and never see another ad again,anywhere, if you are an AOL user.

I am not sure if this works for AOL versions 9.0 or 9.0SE, but an older version from 5.0 seemed to work with my 8.0, so you never know. Give it a try.

This is no longer being developed and who knows how much longer the webpage will be there, so if you want it, get it now...and let your AOL using friends know about it, too.

Before TPA Ad Buster:

After TPA Ad Buster:

The only ad it doesn't seem to be able to get rid of is that stupid extra tab that shows up every once in awhile on the mailbox. But I guess I can live with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version