Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 02, 2014, 09:29:09 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Latest FARR Release v2.213.01 - Nov 29, 2013  (Read 239614 times)
daylessland
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #525 on: October 16, 2012, 11:50:28 AM »

nope, still no icons  Cool
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #526 on: October 16, 2012, 11:53:44 AM »

I think something else must be causing your problem dayless.. some problem with explorer displaying icons..
If you open up windows explorer and browse around, do you see proper icons?

Did the prior version of FARR show correct icons?  I can re-upload the old version to test if needed.
daylessland
Participant

« Reply #527 on: October 18, 2012, 08:08:40 AM »

yeah, the explorer shows proper icons.

lets try with the older version. i think 24th of september or earlier should be alright.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #528 on: October 22, 2012, 12:40:28 PM »

Version 2.203.01 - Oct 22, 2012
  • [BugFix] FARR would not launch files with hidden spaces at the END of the filename.
  • [BugFix] FARR was not showing proper icons for shortcuts that use custom icons.
  • [Change] Changed default heuristic score of folder as % of file score from 90 to 50, because folders were showing up above files in some cases.
  • [Documentation] Added info about using CapsLock to trigger FARR.
  • [MinorFeature] Added option to not launch results via function keys.
MilesAhead

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #529 on: December 22, 2012, 09:27:25 PM »

thanks miles, glad you like it.  i'll update the help file.

I just updated to the latest version. It still says to check option in the General Tab to copy selected text on startup. I had to find my post in this thread to find out how to do it again. smiley

The Option is in Hotkeys, Pause/Break

Edit: I used the zip file. Perhaps it was updated in the installer. I don't know.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 09:34:26 PM by MilesAhead » Logged

"Genius is not knowing you can't do it that way."
- MilesAhead
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #530 on: January 09, 2013, 09:42:54 AM »

Minor update, mostly bugfixes:
Version 2.206.01 - Jan 7, 2013
  • [MinorFeature] Added option to not differentially score different results within a single alias when using regex filtering option for the alias.
  • [MinorFeature] Added some plugin settable/getable values to bypass % variable replacement: showhtmlraw, rawuservar, launchmeta
  • [BugFix] Plugins were not being given a chance to act on explicit directory browsing.
  • [BugFix] querynokeywords being passed to plugins was not correct, it was including keywords.
  • [BugFix] AppCapAppendMemo functions were starting out with "Hello" in memo.
  • [BugFix] AppCap function could hang FARR if it was repeatedly invoked many times per second.
  • [Kludge] You can now use ;;, to separate multiple launch strings when specifying farr:// links inside html pages.
  • [Documentation] Thanks to DC member ewemoa for all the help with this release.
Filipe Meira Castro
Supporting Member

« Reply #531 on: January 09, 2013, 04:34:39 PM »

Allright, thanks for the update cheesy Have a great day!
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #532 on: January 09, 2013, 05:15:50 PM »

Seems to be working well here so farr^H

Thanks for all of your time and energy on this update thumbs up
nedalnib
Participant

« Reply #533 on: May 16, 2013, 06:01:55 AM »

Hello Everybody.
I find trouble with ShellExecute method 2 (new). When I try to open .txt file from find result window selected file was opened in standard MS notepad.exe

I switched to ShellExecute method 1 and everything working (I have dafault application set to notepad++ in operating system).
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #534 on: August 26, 2013, 09:26:34 AM »

Minor beta update:

Version 2.211.01 BETA - August 26, 2013
  • [BugFix] In previous versions an english language keyboard layout could be loaded at startup and not unloaded in some cases.
  • [Change] FARR used to have a setting for periodic update checking; periodic update checking is no longer supported.  Starting with this version there is a new setting on the initial General Options tab that says whether an update check should be performed at program startup.  If user wants to check for updates more frequently they can trigger an update check explicitly from the options dialog or tray menu.
  • [BugFix] FARR will not minimize on loss of focus when options form is visible.
  • [BugFix] Autocomplete of directories on network mapped drives was not adding trailing \ character (thanks josh).

I'm making the rounds doing updates on my apps -- FARR is getting just a minor update this round, but i expect to be doing some more substantial improvements in the coming months so stay tuned.
Filipe Meira Castro
Supporting Member

« Reply #535 on: August 27, 2013, 06:44:12 AM »

Great, thanks for the update  cheesy
Don Cody
Participant

« Reply #536 on: September 01, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »

I'm making the rounds doing updates on my apps -- FARR is getting just a minor update this round, but i expect to be doing some more substantial improvements in the coming months so stay tuned.

Many thanks.  thumbs up
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #537 on: November 29, 2013, 12:22:45 PM »

Minor update since last beta, but major update since last official:

Version 2.213.01 - Nov 29, 2013
  • [Tweak] Option to use generic filetype icons for network drives listed in options to avoid slowdowns.
  • [Tweak] Improved icon lookup times (but still some improvements remain to be done, stay tuned).
  • [Tweak] Added tweaks+debugging tab in options.

Stay tuned, I'm considering doing some major improvements and moving to version 3..
Filipe Meira Castro
Supporting Member

« Reply #538 on: November 29, 2013, 01:44:42 PM »

Iaaahhh!!! nicee, keep it up:D
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #539 on: November 29, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »

greenclp greenclp greenclp greenclp You tweaked the installer to allow for "Launch on complete". THANK YOU! greenclp greenclp greenclp greenclp

Strength in Knowledge
Tuxman
Supporting Member

OMG not him again!

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #540 on: December 02, 2013, 11:49:44 AM »

Back on FARR now. Launchy seems to be dead. Initially I switched due to Launchy's better performance, but that seems to have improved...

Any chance for a better font display on the options window/status bar? It could need more blur.

I bet when Cheetahs race and one of them cheats, the other one goes "Man, you're such a Cheetah!" and they laugh & eat a zebra or whatever.
- @VeryGrumpyCat
Pages: Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.04s | Server load: 0.81 ]