topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:30 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Copy to Favourites  (Read 6768 times)

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Copy to Favourites
« on: March 22, 2006, 06:18 PM »
As I couldn't find mouser at the irc channel, i thought i'd better post this idea before i forgot it.
I'm begining to think "how could i ever live without chs??".
But then. i thought it could do even more.

I use CHS to copy a few things in a row, and then pasting them very easily.

But then i thought: thy not have chs working as my notes app?

I already use it that way, when i want to store something, i just copy it, and then move it to "favourites" to prevent it from being deleted.
But this is a bit slow. Why not having a configurable hotkey that would be able to add a clip to favourites? Or maybe one that would copy the last clipboard entry to the favourites?

I don't think this is too hard to do, but could be a real life-saver. What do you think?

wkjiii

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Copy to Favourites
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 02:23 PM »
I think it's a great idea. As a matter of fact, the "favorites" feature (let alone your suggestion) is why I was interested in this prog in the first place. Headed to DL. Thanks.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 02:31 PM »
i always planned to add a feature to let you add a note in a section quickly, and expand the note keeping features of CHS.  But i think a quick look at the notetaking thread and superboyac's recent roundup will show you, CHS is severely lacking in features that a good notetaking app has.  im not sure i wont come back and do a notetaking app eventually, but i cant honestly say i wouldn recommend chs for this anytime soon.

superboyac's roundup: https://www.donation...oteTakers1/index.php

now, that's not to say i wont add a hotkey to add something as a favorite, just thought i should speak out against using CHS as your main notetaking app.

hornet

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 08:27 PM »
Just returned from o/s holiday and installed CHS.

I keep on getting error message:

CreationdateTime must have a value?

Regards,

Harry.

superticker

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Superticker's SU reviews about technology
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 04:39 PM »
... Why not having a configurable hotkey that would be able to add a clip to favourites? Or maybe one that would copy the last clipboard entry to the favourites?
What do you do after you've collected 2000 clips in favorites?  How do you find and index anything if all clips are going into one favorites folder?

I get your point, though.  What we really need is an API Windows-COM model for capturing clips in CHS, then sending them to one's note taking program.  This way both the clipboard enhancer and the note taking program can share information.

The really integrated solution would be a note taking program with a clipboard enhancer (CHS) plug-in.  You're still going to have to develop an API for the plug-in as in the above solution.