ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Free landline calls?

(1/3) > >>

jgpaiva:
A friend of mine just told me about internetcalls. It allegelly allows you to make phone calls in some countries for free!
And i saw my friend calling home, without paying anything.
I can't quite believe it, though. Does anyone know something about this? How is this possible?

Deozaan:
I downloaded a program in 2001 in which the trial version let you call anywhere in the US (from the US) for free and talk five minutes. The purchased version didn't limit you on your time.

I haven't checked out your InternetCalls program/website, but the one I used let you use your internet connection to call other people. When I used it I talked into my microphone and heard the other person from my speakers. The person I called just used their phone like normal.

I can't remember what it was called anymore. I only used it to call one person a couple of times.

tsaint:
I noted that:
a. Free calls to landlines last max 1 minute unless you've paid a balance to them (couldn't see what the minimum balance was)
b. In the EULA, you agree to let them use your computer and bandwidth for their purposes (ie I guess you are signing up to be a relay for them)
Skype does this too I believe, but there's other companies out there who don't. Don't ask me which, Ive forgotten, sorry

Baseman:
Ha_Ha-Ha :huh: That in S.A. will never happen, >:( certainly not with our Tele service provider...When it comes to telephone calls and Internet you pay up or you get cut off Full Stop :'(...UNLESS VOIP but I'm not sure on that one either...

dynamike56:
Yes.I have use internet calls and it allows you  to call certain destinations for one minute.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version