ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: remap extra keyboard keys for other tasks

<< < (2/2)

jgpaiva:
That's very odd...
Please try the following:

Quit any running ahk script.
Open the following script:

--- ---#Persistent
#KeyHistory
Then, press one of the keys.
Copy the full line, and post it here.

I think that keyboard works in a strange way (well.. it's microsoft's, is there any other way to expect it to work? ;) ).
Still, if it sends always one only key, there might be a way to remap it.

noth(a)nk.you:
Just gave it another try.

Through MS's software, I mapped the keys to something I wouldn't use (Media Track Fwd/Back), then opened up AHK again.  I found them coming through under SC169 and SC16A (fwd and back, respectively).  Then the [simple!] .ahk script

--- ---SC16A::LButton
SC169::RButtonfixed it!

I think that the Back and Fwd commands were deep in the system, so AHK couldn't intercept them.  Changing MS' software to execute a shallower command then allowed AHK to do its magic.

Incidently, from the AHK page, it sounds like they would advocate completely uninstalling Microsoft's software and just using their's to execute all the required commands using these SC codes.  Not a half-bad idea, actually.  Maybe I'll do that some lazy morning.

Thanks for your assistance!
noth(a)nk.you

jgpaiva:
Incidently, from the AHK page, it sounds like they would advocate completely uninstalling Microsoft's software and just using their's to execute all the required commands using these SC codes.  Not a half-bad idea, actually.  Maybe I'll do that some lazy morning.

Thanks for your assistance!
noth(a)nk.you
-noth(a)nk.you (April 05, 2006, 05:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that might be the best way. I also don't have my mouse's software installed. However, that might make some of the keys not be possible to remap, as happens with one of my mouse buttons. On the other hand, i don't think that happens with keyboards since they have the scan code method, that is not usable with mouse keys. So, probably, the best way would be to just uninstall that software :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version