ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

RANT: Google UI Developers should be SHOT!

(1/2) > >>

wraith808:
I can get used to most anything in a UI.  Some things are better than others.  The new unified UI really sucked.  But I got used to it.  Then, today, they changed it AGAIN!  Why can't they settle on something and stay with it?!?

Renegade:
Uh, they're still in beta?

(I still can't stand how they can't manage to get their login system right... Like... I signed up so that I could login rather than get caught in infinite loops... sigh... :( )

J-Mac:
Which UI? And what is still in beta?

Jim

wraith808:
-Renegade (December 01, 2011, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not an excuse from true definition of beta (if you really want to go there).  And GMail is out of beta, and has been for a while.

They had introduced a black bar at the top with all of your options and menus and stuff that unified with G+ UI.  Now they have some of that stuff hidden under a drop down when you click their name on the left side, and other stuff under a gear on the right side, and yet more stuff when you click your picture on the top right side (which is what I was trying to find... how to change accounts).

Renegade:
-Renegade (December 01, 2011, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not an excuse from true definition of beta (if you really want to go there).  And GMail is out of beta, and has been for a while.

They had introduced a black bar at the top with all of your options and menus and stuff that unified with G+ UI.  Now they have some of that stuff hidden under a drop down when you click their name on the left side, and other stuff under a gear on the right side, and yet more stuff when you click your picture on the top right side (which is what I was trying to find... how to change accounts).
-wraith808 (December 01, 2011, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was just joking around. :) Not serious.

But yeah... I've found it somewhat annoying, though mostly because they simply cannot figure out what language I want to use, and keep mucking it up on me. Like just how hard is it to get the UA language from the browser preferences? Duh? That's been driving me nuts for years though, and isn't anything new.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version