ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

make USB port disabled or delayed enable on startup - any util do this?

<< < (2/4) > >>

nudone:
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I think I'll have to try a few experiments over the weekend - after I do a system backup; I expect it will break all my USB "stuff" at some point.

I did see someone talking about devcon elsewhere for a similar USB problem - I think they said it didn't help so I forgot about it. Probably worth investigating though.

I'll try the newer DisplayLink drivers too.

Stoic Joker:
Might try having devcon disable the MIMO on shutdown, and enable it (with a delay) on startup to simplify logon/off incase you need to do a quick session refresh (it happens stuck apps etc..).

Or depending on how gracefully devcon handles it, you could enable it on logon and only disable it on shutdown.

4wd:
I did see someone talking about devcon elsewhere for a similar USB problem - I think they said it didn't help so I forgot about it. Probably worth investigating though.-nudone (December 01, 2011, 07:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

FYI, some info for setting up a logoff event in Task Scheduler here.

For logon the Event ID is 7001, you might try increasing the delay before running and/or running Ath' WinButton program in the same event command file.

nudone:
Thanks for all the suggestions but I've decided to take a radical approach to the problem - I'm going to throw the MIMO in a cupboard and forget about it.

I've just booted my machine, plugged the MIMO into the slot that had always made everything work - and this time it didn't work. Several minutes messing about rebooting, unplugging, plugging, installing new drivers has made me accept that this touchscreen device just isn't worth the trouble.

I may have persevered but it has also made one of my screens lose its colour calibration settings. That means I'll have to spend another 20 minutes doing that with my Spyder colorimeter thingy.

Please do not suggest I try anything further with this horrible touchscreen - except for satisfying ways I can drop heavy objects onto it; the most pleasure I will get from this piece of crap is by seeing it explode into thousands of tiny pieces.

mouser:
Please do not suggest I try anything further with this horrible touchscreen
--- End quote ---

i like torturing nudone so i will suggest another.. devices which like to suck lots of usb power may behave better on a POWERED usb hub.
If you haven't yet tried connecting it to a powered usb hub, that might be worth a quick try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version