ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: NoteMe

<< < (11/13) > >>

justice:
Thanks all visitors of MakeUseOf for trying NoteMe! Feel free to give your honest feedback!

wraith808:
A tip for NoteMe users:

With NoteMe and gmail, you can actually take your task system for notes a step further- you can send it to yourself + [email protected] and it will still come to your email.  So if your email is [email protected], you can send it to [email protected].  Then you can set a filter on that e-mail address and do whatever you want with it (that gmail filters allow).

justice:
Great tip wraith!
Users of Pinboard & NoteMe can quickly send bookmarks to their collection either via wraith's method, or directly, by enabling bookmarking via email.
Or send articles to read later to Instapaper via email-in.

kalos:
this looks interesting, but I would like it to be able to:

- indicate when to send the email
- easily import batch emails to be send at specific dates
eg, import an excel (or TAB seperated text file, preferably) where the first column is the recipient, second column the subject (can be empty), third column email body (can be empty), fourth column date to be sent
- how it will work when the pc is closed, but I will need to get that email notification in my email box? I have a server running 24x7, maybe this can offer a solution? or maybe intergrate NoteMe with some third-party web service, Google Calendar, or something?
- how can I be 100% sure that I get that email? in case my emal box is unreachable due to any factor, I need the email to be sent at some intervals, until it is successfuly delived, or even check that I actually read it too, in general safety that the reminder email will be actually sent, should be ensured 100% with multiple safety mechanisms

thanks!

justice:
Thanks for your feedback kalos. I don't think NoteMe is the right program for you - it will never ever do batch email, as this enables spam. You have a valid point about the robustness of sending however, I will take that into account for future versions.

NoteMe is not for automatic / enterprise level notifications it's simply a tool to send yourself a couple of words. There are better tools for what your uses, maybe something like opsview, splunk for example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version