ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Easy Remote access to another PC?

<< < (7/14) > >>

Jibz:
I ran into a problem with troubleshooting - I am unable to see uac demands for password at their end (more accurately, I'm not able to see the password dialogue itself) - so I'm not able to do anything requiring admin rights from within their user account. I guess this would be a problem with any method....
I guess the only solution is have someone there the whole time to fill in the password, or to use an admin account.
-tomos (November 29, 2011, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think not being able to take over the UAC prompts may be by design -- if a remote control program could "click" them, then any local badware could as well. I don't know if you can choose to run the client with higher privileges to avoid it.

I've seen the same with TeamViewer, which btw has worked great for me when I've had to fix problems on relatives computers in the past. You can talk even the least computer savvy people through going to their homepage, saving the quick access module on their desktop, double-clicking it, and giving you the login info.

tomos:
I ran into a problem with troubleshooting - I am unable to see uac demands for password at their end (more accurately, I'm not able to see the password dialogue itself) - so I'm not able to do anything requiring admin rights from within their user account. I guess this would be a problem with any method....
I guess the only solution is have someone there the whole time to fill in the password, or to use an admin account.
--- End quote ---

I think not being able to take over the UAC prompts may be by design -- if a remote control program could "click" them, then any local badware could as well. I don't know if you can choose to run the client with higher privileges to avoid it.
-Jibz (November 29, 2011, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

running as admin uses a different desktop space (not sure of the terminology) so I presume that's why I dont see it - and yeah, I presume too that this is part of the design/security

tomos:
[/url])[/i]
The viewer can click the indicated button to request control; the host will be prompted.  Similarly, the host can click it to give control.
-wraith808 (November 29, 2011, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

that's what I thought but it didnt work as expected - I think we did stress it a bit :) They tried clicking the mouse button first and were just shown the two names without any dialogue. Then there was confusion about the names - who was the presenter (them, but initially I was thinking it was me seeing as I was telling them what to do :-\ ) In the end I opened the list of users at my end and clicked on their name, and it worked then.

I think it will be easier next time...

Stoic Joker:
Probably not a shock ... But Remote Desktop (or assistance) works perfectly with the UAC prompts.

app103:
--- End quote ---

-Jibz (November 29, 2011, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

running as admin uses a different desktop space (not sure of the terminology) so I presume that's why I dont see it - and yeah, I presume too that this is part of the design/security
-tomos (November 29, 2011, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I believe the server app would also have to run as a service for you to see them. This was an issue with the older version of TightVNC on Vista/Win7 systems, which I believe was fixed in v2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version