ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ToolWiz Time Machine anyone using it?

<< < (2/2)

MilesAhead:
Never had such warning (Warning: selected invalid function), however.

-majoMO (October 14, 2015, 05:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess some things work with some PCs and not with others.  Yesterday I installed Rollback RX Hone freeware.  It is limited to 7 snapshots but you can go forward as well as back.  Also you can consolidate the snapshots into a new baseline, and thereby have 6 to use as you like.  It seems to work ok.  And it is still being developed.  Also the support forum is active.  I posted a question today and got a reply already.

http://www.horizondatasys.com/en/products_and_solutions.aspx?ProductId=40#Features

The Pro version is supposed to have unlimited snapshots.  If I see it on a giveaway I may try it out.  But 7 snapshots may be enough to act as a replacement for System Restore.  Also I have images with Macrium Reflect in case something goes sour and I can't boot or some other problem.

The only real drain on the system is evident during bootup.  Once on the desktop applications all run normally.  I tried a restore as a test and it restored the snapshot in about the same time as a restore point would use.

Thanks for your reply.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version