topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 12:14 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Ultimate Minimizer  (Read 2336 times)

peter733

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Ultimate Minimizer
« on: November 23, 2011, 11:15 AM »
IDEA: Minimize a running program to an icon that

(1) display a smaller version of the program or an icon of the program
(2) transparent; never block the view, user can still see what's behind the icon
(3) never block the mouse; the icon will move away when the mouse is coming closer, but will stay in place when a hotkey is pressed so user can click on the icon to bring back the program that is still running in the background

(4) icons should stay organized by the the order of time they are minimized
(5) they should stay organized in a specified area of the destop.  My personal preferences would be on the right hand side of the main screen (in case there are several screens)
(6) icon's size and dimension should be resizable
(7) icons may be invisible at all times and only visible when certain hotkey is pressed.  i.e when CTRL is pressed then the icons will be visible but will move away when the mouse is coming closer.  when CTRL+ALT are pressed, they will be visible AND stay in placed so user can click them to restore the program

(*) if the program have any changes (ie: DVD burning process is completed) then the icon should be made blinking to attract the user attention.  This can be made optional but my personal preference is to set it as default

any takers ? :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:39 AM by peter733 »