ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google scares me, I think.

<< < (2/3) > >>

joiwind:
I don't know why mouser is using google analytics here if there is piwik alternative that he can install on server. I have blocked analytics already with ghostery and ABP but still why use it.
-mahesh2k (November 25, 2011, 01:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

StatCounter is better than piwik IMHO.

mahesh2k:
Statcounter is not a replacement for google analytics or piwik. Statcounter is similar to awstats and suits as a hit counter. Though it does show data like piwik and analytics but it comes with feature limitation. It also has a limit of logs as per member level. For free members data and logs are limited. In case of piwik and owa there is no such limitations as it is self hosted and if you've a dedicated server then piwik and owa are good replacement of google analytics.

Open web analytics and Piwik both are free and carry exact same features that are in offer from Google analytics.

joiwind:
mahesh2k - yes you're right, I should have thought before speaking.

Stoic Joker:
Open web analytics[/url] and Piwik both are free and carry exact same features that are in offer from Google analytics.-mahesh2k (November 25, 2011, 08:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do either of these run better (or just right...) on a Windows IIS server?

mahesh2k:
mahesh2k - yes you're right, I should have thought before speaking.
--- End quote ---
Your point still holds because piwik requires self hosting and statcounter frees your from that limitation. Statcounter is a good package for those without their own servers or those with shared servers.

@Stoic Joker, working with linux server so no idea about Windows box.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version