topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 4:00 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Win7 Ultimate 64-bit - can't detect wireless NIC  (Read 9366 times)

gxdata

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit - can't detect wireless NIC
« on: October 29, 2010, 12:37 AM »
I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

Problem: URL Snooper v2.28.01 with the supplied WinPcap v4.1.1 or the latest (v4.1.2) driver, finds 3 network adapters (the Intel Ethernet 1Gbps that is not connected to anything, and 2 unspecified 'local'), and auto-detection gives a FAILURE.

I am connected via a wireless card on this desktop (Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UDH2 mainboard), the NIC being a TP-Link manufacture that appears to Windows as Atheros AR5005GS Wireless Network Adapter. This isn't seen by URL Snooper.

The third adapter (shown by eg SIW System Information for Windows, vLatest) is a driver for my sony-ericsson phone.

I can look at websites with Fiddler 2, etc but with URL Snooper I get what is a puzzling result.

Sniffing the network shows nothing, whatever website I load independently through Opera or IE (v9 beta in use).  If a paste in a URL manually though (textbox at bottom of URL Snooper), I can see dozens of meaningful URLs (none of them media, though I'm actually playing a streaming FLV). 

This is quite frustrating. On a P4 Windows XP system using the same TP-Link NIC (I have a few of them in different machines), URL Snooper 2 (same version, WinPcap v4.1.1) works OK.

My guess: (1) URL Snooper has a Windows 7 problem
               (2) IE9 problem (discounted: Opera also doesn't work with URL Snooper on this machine).

cynthiachoy329

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Win7 Ultimate 64-bit - can't detect wireless NIC
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 11:31 PM »
I got the same problem which like you. However, I'm not sure whether because I installed the google browser

masnadiero

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 12:57 PM »
i have a ALFA Network (AWVS036H) wireless device(REALTEK RTL8187 usb connected), 64bit win7 and urlsnooper is unable to detect it.
tips?

windump -D does not show the device too
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:51 PM by masnadiero »

jcgo16

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 10:11 PM »
yup same here