ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Outlook PST Repair Recommendations?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ath:
And creating a new pst file, then copying all folders over, delete the old pst, does that help (or was that option no. 1 in the other pages, that I didn't look at)

Carol Haynes:
Not much use now but in future use MailStore to archive and backup your Outlook profile.

Renegade:
Well, seems that Acronis was the best solution -- just restore a backed up version instead of trying to repair the file. Having checked sizes, the backup was around 2 GB and the hosed one was about 1 GB.

Like... god... WTF? Why can't they get this stuff working properly? I wish they'd just axe all the BS in Outlook and stick in the SQL Server engine. I have a massive hatred for flat file data storage... and Outlook only increases the volume of my internal screaming.

Carol Haynes:
The advantage of MailStore is that all your email is just there and you can back up PSTs in just a couple of clicks on a daily basis - or even more often.

Which version of Outlook were you using? The is a 2Gb limit for Outlook 2003 and earlier, and if you upgraded from 2003 you may still using the 2003/XP/2000 file format.

Renegade:
It's Outlook 2010 -- and not an upgrade.

I sooooo hate PSTs... I wish they'd just dump them entirely and store the information sanely. An RDBMS would be much better. Time to shut up before I rant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version