ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wave? Good-bye!

<< < (2/8) > >>

db90h:
Myself, I never heard of it until now ;o

Deozaan:
Just out of curiosity - did anybody here who had an account ever figure out an effective or useful way to use the thing? Because I never could. For me it was Chandler all over again - something that sounded really cool and useful until you actually went to do something with it. At which point it all fell down like a house of cards. However, that might just be me not "getting it."-40hz (November 23, 2011, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I liked the idea of it, but I felt like it was never developed quite enough to reach its potential for usefulness.

wraith808:
Sometimes it seems that google products are a testbed for other products, or they become so if they are not successful.  Wave was a testbed for G+ IMO.

rgdot:
Google wave was collaboration, the hype and therefore the expectation was more a problem than the product itself. They got the interface wrong too, one column (usually a third of the screen) for talking while the 2/3 were holding lists (subscribed, recent waves, contacts, etc) of sorts. Clumsy look and poor responsiveness killed Wave

db90h:
Well, they announced its closing over a year in advance, so .... for better or worse, it is gone now. Many services still overlap. I suspect there will be more closings and mergers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version