ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

<< < (2/3) > >>

Renegade:
This:

Is fairly small. A menu link for licenses or large button might help. That could be the problem. Not sure as he didn't specify much. Reading again, it might be because he couldn't see the free license link.

40hz:
Renegade makes a good point. FWIW, two people who I recommended DC to later asked me if I knew how to get "one of those free licenses." So it may not be all that rare a problem for some people even though I had no trouble finding it on my first visit. Nor did anybody else I steered here.

Go figure. :-\

So yeah...maybe one of those big green "download/get license key" buttons many sites seem to have standardized on could alleviate the confusion for these folks?

I personally think FileHippo has an exceptionally good (if not the best) setup for downloads. Everything on one tabbed page per title including links to previous versions. Very clear design.

anandcoral:
@mouser,

Is there any way (statistics) of mouse click recorded on links of our DC site ? If yes, we can use it to make larger/button for the links which are used most.

I also agree we think of revamping our site, after all now we are in Pad/Tablet time  :)

@dongler, if you read this, I hope you must be very happy enough to use one of our App, to get the license key. Rest assured the developer of that App will forward more help to you both for the App and the site, if you may require. Feel free to contact.

Criticism helps to develop better next version, example Win7 after Vista.

Regards,

Anand

40hz:
Criticism helps to develop better next version, example Win7 after Vista.
-anandcoral (November 23, 2011, 11:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

That being said, there's still a constructive way to complain. Getting insulting and storming off without first affording someone the pleasure of helping you out doesn't accomplish anything.

Just my 2ยข  8)

mahesh2k:

@Mouser, why not add "License" link at the top of the menu near "Donate" and make it red or flashing ( with image -new). That works on noobs and people with less attention span.

My 2 cents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version