ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: RecentRun command line?

(1/3) > >>

johnnyzero:
After looking for such a utility for quite a while, I "recently" discovered RecentRun for creating a Start menu folder with a list of my recently-used programs. Works great!

It would be even better if it supported a command-line argument (/purge or whatever) that would clear the list of recently-run programs and then load the program in the usual fashion. I've added RecentRun to my Startup folder so that it loads automatically on boot-up; with this command line option it would always start with a "clean slate" instead of preserving the recently-run program list between sessions. 

Also, how about a command-line option (/notray or whatever) that would load the program without its icon being visible in the System Tray?

Perhaps you could implement these features in a future release. In any case, thanks for creating such a useful little utility.

best,
JohnB

skrommel:
 :) Try RecentRun v1.2. I've added a Delete on startup option, and a /Hide command line parameter.

Skrommel

johnnyzero:
Thanks for implementing those suggestions so quickly, Skrommel! Both of the new functions work very well: /hide & "deleteonstartup". Were they already "in the works" before my post?

The new Settings dialog is a very nice touch. However, it seemed to have trouble writing the desired Menu Name to the .ini file; perhaps because the name I was trying to use contained a space ("Recent Programs")? Also, how about a field to enter the desired ShortcutFolder name as well - I noticed that the .ini file format now includes separate entries for both the "menuname" and "shortcutfolder".

Also, if the specified Start menu folder doesn't exist the first time you run RecentRun v1.2, it will create a Start menu folder called "ERROR" and write that value to the .ini - pretty weird...

Of course, I was able to work around all of this by manually editing the .ini file - I just thought you'd wanna know about any bugs.

thanks again for a great little utility (and for making it even better).

best,
JohnB

skrommel:
 :) No, I had stopped developing RecentRun, so I messed up the Start menu folder and the shortcut folder.

Try RecentRun v1.3.

- Added option to move the shortcut folder.

Skrommel

johnnyzero:
Thanks again, Skrommel. RecentRun v1.3 works great!

best,
JohnB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version