ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

"Don't load tabs until selected" in Chrome? (Like in Firefox?)

(1/4) > >>

brotherS:
Hi,

the Firefox folks invented a Damn Cool Thing (TM): the "Don't load tabs until selected" option (http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Session%20Restore):

Tip: If you want to speed up the startup, check Don't load tabs until selected so that only the last selected tab is loaded.

--- End quote ---

Works like a charm, love it! Is there a way to get this behaviour in Chrome, too? I couldn't find an option, and neither an extension for that. :(

brotherS:
No reply = not possible for Chrome? :( It *really* speeds up Firefox loading (with many tabs), would have liked the same in Chrome... ah well! Maybe another year.

lanux128:
i didn't expect a feature of Firefox to be much anticipated in Chrome, normally it'd be the other way around. with Firefox supposedly playing catch-up to Chrome and all that..

MilesAhead:
No reply = not possible for Chrome? :( It *really* speeds up Firefox loading (with many tabs), would have liked the same in Chrome... ah well! Maybe another year.
-brotherS (December 01, 2011, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I see several people requesting it on chrome bug page.
I don't save sets of tabs. I open to about:blank to get the fastest load.
Then I click on Home or New Tab to get Speed Dial.

But I can see this as being a good feature. I'm downloading FF 8 now to
check it out.

brotherS:
i didn't expect a feature of Firefox to be much anticipated in Chrome, normally it'd be the other way around. with Firefox supposedly playing catch-up to Chrome and all that..
-lanux128 (December 02, 2011, 01:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, surprised me too!  8)

I see several people requesting it on chrome bug page.
-MilesAhead (December 02, 2011, 02:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, interesting! Where did you see them requesting it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version