ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need Advice on a TV...

<< < (4/5) > >>

Renegade:
Hmmm... I was just thinkin'... If you expand the old saying, how are you supposed to understand "smart idiot box"? :P

How's the new TV anyways? Like it?

Stoic Joker:
Hmmm... I was just thinkin'... If you expand the old saying, how are you supposed to understand "smart idiot box"? :P-Renegade (November 22, 2011, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I've pondered this question for some time now, and I feel the it would probably be best for society as a whole if that question was never (ever) answered...

:D

How's the new TV anyways? Like it?-Renegade (November 22, 2011, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

I won't know util Saturday when it's delivered.

JavaJones:
Looks like a pretty good choice. LG makes nice displays.

Just a quick note regarding number of HDMI ports: the best way to handle this in my opinion is actually with your home theater receiver/surround decoder (if you have one - if not, then yes, TV needs lots of HDMI). Modern ones will handle simultaneous switching of audio/video signal, which can otherwise be a pain if you do have a separate amp and surround system (i.e. you're not just relying on the TV's speakers). The receiver is what has all the HDMI inputs and then 1 or more outputs and it handles switching internally, feeding your TV the appropriate video signal over HDMI, without having to switch your TV's own input source (i.e. HDMI 1, 2, etc. on the TV).

- Oshyan

Stoic Joker:
For now it'll be fairly basic Just have satellite box->TV ... And probably a network connection. No surround sound, players etc. I may (down the line) sprint for a surround sound system depending on how well the TV's built in speakers work in the (mt house) real world ... As I find myself frequently wanting to boost the vocals because I can't make out what people are saying.

...Sadly I did not even think of the fact that the only DVD player we had was/is built into the old TV that will be getting hauled off this Saturday when the new one is delivered. :wallbash: #! ... I'm getting old.  :(

Ath:
the only DVD player we had was/is built into the old TV that will be getting hauled off this Saturday
-Stoic Joker (November 23, 2011, 06:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
But for something like $40 or $50 you'll have a plain DVD player, with hdmi output, so that shouldn't be much of an issue

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version