ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

A light-field camera? Ok. This is very cool!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Edvard:
Almost like being in one of those police forensic or spy-thriller scenes where some character inevitably says "Can you enhance that spot over there?"
--- End quote ---

Dammit! It all started with Blade Runner's Esper machine...

...and has now bled into every.single.crime.drama.since.

:-\ :-\ :-\

http://www.nuk3.com/gallery/comedy/1456/CSI-Enhance-Numberplate.html

Now they go and make a camera thats one step closer.
Crap. :mad:

Renegade:
But I won't be ordering a Lytro camera just yet, at those prices.
-IainB (November 18, 2011, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

At $400, it's not bad at all. You're basically paying for the option to take a picture NOW instead of farting around with a camera trying to focus, blah blah blah.

The only other option you have is to spend much more on a good, fast lens for a DSLR.

But, how many people really need to take pictures that quickly? Or need the option to change focus like that? If you need it, then it's likely $400 well spent. I just don't see that many people needing those options.

IainB:
This is the kind of camera photo that I would like to take: Cappelle sistina

There's more here - "spherical panoramas".

Renegade:

-IainB (November 20, 2011, 03:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

THAT is some seriously bad-ass, wicked cool stuff! :D

40hz:

-IainB (November 20, 2011, 03:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

THAT is some seriously bad-ass, wicked cool stuff! :D
-Renegade (November 20, 2011, 07:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now *that* is exactly what it's all about.

I can see this rapidly becoming a natural for game designers where you'd want to bring some heavy duty realism into the mix by using real locations for your graphics. So next time you have a shoot out in the Louvre or a chase scene in some mega-mall like the Cevahir Istanbul, you can use light-field panorama shots and not spend a fortune doing multi-camera video shooting to get decent interactivity.

Note: My GF has put some time into researching this little camera. She has that "Hmm..." look she sometimes gets when curiosity gets the better of her. If she decides to get one I'm not going to try to talk her out of it, that's for sure.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version