ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Printer PaperSource Explorer 1.2.0.0

<< < (4/5) > >>

Stoic Joker:
The "Visit program web page to download update" button on the update checker sent me to a 404 here:
http://ath.dcmembers.com/wb/papersourceexplorer.php

Did I show up to early?  :D

Stoic Joker:
Okay... Probably not the result we were looking for, but I did find something interesting. My main machine is Win7 Pro x64, and is using the in box (early UPD) driver for the LaserJet 2100. It now is giving this output:

Which I'm guessing is not what you expected. However, my wife's WinXP pro machine, which is running the old straight PCL driver (also an in box for XP) gives considerably different results for the exact same printer.

Printer Properties for the LJ2100 on XP (some things are grayed because she's not an admin)

So it's looking like HP's UPD is (a truly chronic PITA...) part of the problem, as unfortunately I've never seen it detect a printer's configuration right yet.

Ath:
The "Visit program web page to download update" button on the update checker sent me to a 404 here:
http://ath.dcmembers.com/wb/papersourceexplorer.php

Did I show up to early?  :D
-Stoic Joker (December 02, 2011, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
I mis-typed the url, have to fix that in the next update, sorry :-[ The download link from this thread's first post is correct, as you found out.

I can now see why on your Win7 config it didn't match the AutoSelect unrecognized tray: Half of the driver-trays have a space pre-fixed to the name. I'll have to strip that off during comparing ;), missed that from the previous screenshots, but now it seems obvious.
I can only agree on the crappyness of the HP drivers, as they have IMHO been for the recent 10+ years.

The WinXP display seems quite accurate, doesn't it?

Ath:
Updated Printer PaperSource Explorer to version 1.1.1.0-beta.
From the Changelog:

--- Code: Text ---2011-12-03, v1.1.1.0-beta- Fixed wrong website url in .dcupdate file- Remove surrounding whitespace when comparing tray names
Get the update either by running Help/Check for Updates (using DCupdater), or download the installer form the first message in this thread.

Ath:
Updated Printer PaperSource Explorer to version 1.1.2.0-beta.
From the Changelog:

--- Code: Text ---2011-12-03, v1.1.2.0-beta- Improved matching algorithm because of an issue with PDFCreator bin names on Windows Server 2008
Get the update either by running Help/Check for Updates (using DCupdater), or download the installer form the first message in this thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version