ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Invalid Monitor Handle

(1/4) > >>

idean:
Sometimes (not always) after docking/undocking my laptop from my dual-screen docking station, I get a "Invalid Monitor Handle" popup and the tooltray icon turns red.  My only solution is to exit the application and start it anew, and it works fine then...

sba:
I get the exact same problem, might be related to using Remote Desktop on a single-monitor machine to access my dual-monitor machine...

mouser:
hmm.. very strange. can you describe the actual steps to reproduce?

sba:
Repro'ed it on my first attempt (dunno if all steps are mandatory):

- took a screenshot of an app on the 1st monitor (actually discarded it in the "what's next" dialog)
- took a screenshot of an app on the 2nd monitor (actually discarded it in the "what's next" dialog)
- connected to the machine using Remote Desktop from another PC that has only one monitor
- closed the Remote Desktop session  (not a logoff!)
- reconnected to the dual-monitor PC's console
- hit Alt+PrtSc
- got the error message ==> had to close ScreenShot Captor

mouser:
Ok I think i'm narrowing it down.

Can you check for me -- if you repeat that process just do a normal PrtScr to capture the entire screen, do you get the error?
I.e. is it only when you do an alt+PrtScr for active window capture, that the problem occurs?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version