ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

multiple monitors vs large monitor?

(1/5) > >>

techidave:
I have two 19" monitors on my desk.  But would one wide screen monitor be just as good?  Then i could have two windows open, they wouldn't be full screen though.

Surely someone here has worked with a setup like this and can give me some advise before i spend my money.

thanks in advance,
Dave

Stoic Joker:
I've got two 17" monitors at home, and one 22" widescreen monitor here at work. When I'm at work, I really miss the two 17s ... And when I'm at home, I never miss the 22.

Shades:
For most of the things I do on a PC, I could easily do with one monitor of sufficient resolution (nothing lower than 1920x1080 though). Buy a monitor with bigger resolution and you could be set as well.

Having a second monitor is also very handy, especially with applications that have to be open, but do not require 100% attention.

40hz:
Depends on what you use them for.

I've got a stack of 22" Mistsubishi CRT monitors. They have superb color and resolution. They're absolutely gorgeous. Especially for graphics - or media editing - which is what they were designed for. All that 'real estate' is a joy to have available.

However, I use two 19" flat panel monitors for my day to day work. And wouldn't swap them for anything.

If I had to choose between one or the other I'd definitely opt for 2 smaller monitors every time.

Now if I could just get three monitors... ;D

cranioscopical:
FWIW
I have 2x27" side by side and 1x27" on a backup machine.
Working with 1x27" drives me nuts.

The problem with wide-screen monitors is that so few now have 1200 dpi vertical.
Luckily for me, mine happen to be 1920x1200 and I'd compromise on the 1920 long before I ceded any ground on the 1200.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version