Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 30, 2014, 06:39:30 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gridmove: intermittent bluescreen?  (Read 2393 times)
Crazy_J
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 16, 2011, 08:42:03 AM »

Hey there,

i'm new to the board, but i'm using GridMove since several years now on a Windows Server 2003 system (terminalserver) and i am connected over RDP with two monitors (span mode) - so i really don't want to miss the comfort that comes with GridMove! Wink

but in the last months i had several but intermittent bluescreens / stop-codes [0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbf8a24ce, 0xb6c3bb14, 0x00000000)] when logging of from the remoteserver and now GridMove is a suspect of causing the BSODs for me.

i already checked the crash dump with the windows debugging tool with the following result:

What shall i do?
Is somebody able to exclude GridMove as the failure or to help me in any way?

Thanks for reading
Crazy_J
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 08:58:54 AM »

Hi Crazy_J, welcome to DonationCoder!

Honestly, I have never seen GridMove cause a bluescreen and I see no reason that should happen. Typically bluescreens are caused by faulty drivers, stuff that is closer to the kernel than GridMove.
My only suggestion is that you try not using GridMove for one week or so, and see if the problem comes up again. Also, since it happens when you log off from the remote server, maybe you could force it by repeatedly doing that operation? I'm sorry for not being more helpful, but I really have no idea what could cause your problem Sad

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.05s | Server load: 0.15 ]