topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:56 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: "mouse hill" area above the start menu where the mouse speed is throttled  (Read 4021 times)

gpunktschmitz

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hi!
i have bins (http://www.oneupindustries.com/bins/) installed and use remote desktop manager (http://remotedesktopmanager.com/) to connect to my servers ...
as i open the remote connections tabbed in remote desktop manager (or short "RDM") it happens that the start button of the remote controlled computer is just above my bins folder ... (screenshot 133.png)
so when i now move the mouse to the lower left corner "within" RDM, or with RDM in foreground .. i get my bins folder shown as there is no "border" and the mouse moves flawless between the remote screen and my desktop ...

i would like to know if it's possible to maybe create a "border" around the RDM-window so that the mouse speed there is slowed down .. like on honey ...

thanks in advance for your suggestions!

KR
guennie

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Maybe limiting the cursor into the RDP control using ControlFence, but I'm quite sure some other DC hosted utility can already do that, I just don't remember the exact name :huh:

gpunktschmitz

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
hi ath!
thanks for the hint ... i just tried ControlFence and it did not work at all ...
i set "WindowsForms10" as control name and fences left and bottom ...
the mouse did not change its behaviour ...

please find below a screenshot of RDM where i searched for the control's name ...

any hints anybody?

thanks in advance!

KR
guennie

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I have a similar problem.
Because I am impatient, my laptop touchpad settings are set on nearly full acceleration, but then I sometimes find that the pointer (cursor) overshoots the destination I have in mind. Which is annoying.     :-[
I have therefore set the Shift key to act as a damper. This is easily done in the standard touchpad settings. If you are moving the cursor and then you hold down the Shift key, the mouse/pointer slows down to a crawl.
Results:
No more overshoots.
More precise pointing.

I suppose you could modify the mouse settings to improve on this, using an AHK script. The script could sense when the pointer was approaching a specific area (co-ordinates), and then AHK would send a Shift-key to the keyboard buffer, thus slowing down the pointer. Something like that, anyway. I would use it.