ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Multi-Search String for Windows xp

(1/1)

Contro:
Multi-Search String for Windows xp

I would like a soft to search for two o three strings in my pc at the same time. Parallel searchs.
I use often locate32 , but for certain searchs with less scope I need a soft lo search the most quickly I can in a selected folder for two o three search-strings.

Best Regards

rjbull:
Do you mean several different strings within the file names, or within the text of the file contents?

If the first, file managers like Total Commander (use the plugins) or XYplorer can do it.

If the second, find strings inside files, you might try WanyWord.  This page no longer seems to exist, so here's the last entry in the WayBackMachine Internet Archive.

Contro:
I'll try the links.

:)

Contro:
The first one to examine : the freeware WanyWord.
I put a big folder. And is working for a while.
I think this program covers all possibilities. Inside the files or search inside the file names. But the concept of text strings seems strange to me. I am not sure now that the program search for parallel strings at the same time. Only for a set of strings considering a word, couple, or a all sentence. But not two sentences separated by a , or ; or : , etc. So I think is only for a chain.
 :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version