ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Moving up to ESET NOD32 v5

<< < (4/8) > >>

kyrathaba:
I haven't had anything to complain about with MSE.  My question for anyone now is why use NOD or Kaspersky or anything else when MSE is now proven to be pretty darn reliable, no?

--- End quote ---

+1.

Tuxman:
Because MSE is not reliable. Lame heuristics, questionable "security status", niot really flexible, average detection rate.

(Oh, and about "Personal Firewalls": Welcome to the world of scareware, guys.)

Stoic Joker:
Because MSE is not reliable. Lame heuristics, questionable "security status", niot really flexible, average detection rate.
-Tuxman (November 18, 2011, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

And you base this assertion on what size test group? I've got a total of 100 machines, that have been running in various locations, for about 2 years now.

Tuxman:
... and MSE did not find malware, so you have none?

Carol Haynes:
MSE certainly picks up a few things that the others haven't, and cleans them off without doing damage (which some of the others don't).

MSE is designed for an average user and as such does a really good job. If you want something really technical you probably don't want a free  AV you probably want an expensive suite that asks lots of questions all the time.

I have seen many computers now running Norton, MacAfee, NOD32 suite, Avast Internet Security, AVG suite that have been infected and actually most of them were pretty open to attack because the users didn't know how to respond whan a pop-up says do you want to allow SVCHOST to access the internet etc.. Users either say  yes to everything or they say no to everything. The first have totally unprotected systems (worse than XP firewall) and the second group can't do anything and call me to sort it out.

MSE with Windows 7 firewall just works well and doesn't ask stupid questions that confuse average users.

For more advanced users why do you actually need more - you should have the intelligence to avoid threats even without massive protection!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version