ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Scrivener for Windows Discounts for November 2011

(1/2) > >>

J-Mac:
Anyone interested in using Scrivener for Windows for their NaNoWrMo entry - or for that matter anyone who just wants to purchase Scrivener for Windows at a discount - Literature and Latte is offering a 50% discount to NaNoWrMo winners and a 20% discount for anyone at all during NaNoWrMo 2011. For the 20% discount you just have to enter "NANOWRMO" - without the quotes naturally - in the coupon box during checkout. That brings Scrivener for Windows down from $40.00 USD to $32.00.

Jim

rgdot:
Thanks  :up: Might be time to buy it.

J-Mac:
I bought it earlier today. First attempt to buy got an error message saying I didn't meet a pre-qualification or something like that. I went back and re-read the offer and finding nothing amiss there I tried again and it worked just fine! $32.00 total.

So if you at first get a weird error message just try it again - and don’t forget the discount code - and it'll work.   :)

Thanks!

Jim

wraith808:
I see your problem... the code is "NANOWRIMO" (note the I...)

urlwolf:
I really like many of their UX ideas, and the fact that they use rtf and files instead of a proprietary binary blob.

The big problem I have with scrivener is that it seems custom-built to prevent sharing. Just read the horror stories on using dropbox... you need to close it on one computer to start working on another. And getting comments from another person not using scrivener means a roundtrip to word format or similar.

Writing outliner, their main competitor, has the 'proprietary binary blob' problem (an sqlite db, but still, not files that you can share without exporting first). However the author is going through a full rewrite that will make it use 'normal' files, which would make it preferable for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version