ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

any photo editor that will both combine/tile, and keep transparency?

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
This is looking okay, but the black areas really should be transparent:

Having edited the original nine normal JPGs into nine full-sized .PNG photos with transparent areas on each one, I decided to tile them (as seen on the above thumbnail), but realized that none of my many photo editors would deliver! Either they wouldn't offer to tile, or they would not maintain the transparency. It seems most can handle transparency if I edit the photos one by one, but not when I combine/group/tile the pictures.

So, do you know of a photo editor that will both combine/tile, and keep PNG transparency?
 :tellme:

Edited:
please do not tell about some expensive solution ;-)

mouser:
I too am very interested in tools for combining images into grids of different dimensions and with different options.

It's something that I think would be useful to integrate into my Screenshot Captor tool, as I think people often have the need to combine multiple images into a grid.

I've considered writing a little tool for this but I keep thinking there must be good free/donationware/cheap tools for it already.

rgdot:
Collage software may do that. Have a look to confirm that they do:

CollageIt http://www.collageitfree.com/
Picture Collage Maker http://www.picturecollagesoftware.com/

(not free)

Curt:
@mouser; the above group was made in the free PhotoScape (which couldn't handle the transparency), but my setup is in Danish so you might want to download a copy yourself, if you want to know the options.

@rgdot; I already had checked some of them, and they replaced transparency with a colour. Besides, they don't handle full sized photos well.

rgdot:
Both have background options (gradient, color, etc) but I don't recall if they have transparency (I have reviewed those two relatively recently)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version