ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Hanging behavior -- FARR Problem?

(1/3) > >>

IainB:
Possible FARR problem?
I thought I should note that FARR has been occasionally hanging on my laptop, with no error messages.
When it does this, it leaves a sort of ghostly oblong button at about 1pm on the screen near the top of the Desktop image. The button seems to push through faintly (is on top?) of all opened window layers.

I just kill the process and restart it when that happens.

One associated symptom is that some of my newly-started proggies don't start up and seem to be delayed in a queue whilst FARR s hanging like this. Killing the FARR process sometimes seems to unblock the queue and the queued processes then belatedly run.

anandcoral:
@IainB, it looks like there are many folders/files in "Search Folder" Options of FARR. So it is taking long time to load the relevant ones from these.

Try reducing the folders/files or add 'file extension' like 'exe' only to read from the folder. This may reduce the FARR load time and leave others for the queue. I once had similar problem and doing the above helped it.

Regards,

Anand

IainB:
@anandcoral: Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't see how that can be it because FARR hangs whilst it is idle -  doing nothing - i.e., not searching.

mouser:
I'm going to split this issue off into its own thread, Iain.

IainB:
@mouser: Thanks.
Do bear in mind that I'm not certain that it is necessarily a FARR-related issue anyway. It may be that something else I have configured in my system is knocking FARR out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version