ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Experts opinion on very odd Camera -> Card -> File Copy corruptions

<< < (4/4)

Curt:
regarding

I am not an expert, but I have seen this error many times, and in my cases it never had to do with the camera or the card. The fact that you were able to recover a perfect example of the same file, should imply the same conclusion. In my situations it was always the transfer itself, the "safe as" or "move to". Of course this particular card may improve from re-formatting, but in general my best bet is, to try a more easy-going "Copy/Move"-program.

IainB:
+1 for what @curt said: That's why I wrote:
I found that it's safest to use the software that comes with the camera to transfer files to my laptop - either directly from the camera or from the card when it had been inserted into my laptop's car-reader.
--- End quote ---

mouser:
This thread just confirms my general paranoia against ever using a "move" operation for more than one file or for sensitive data.. Always copy, check, then delete.

IainB:
+ 1 for what @mouser wrote: I assuage my paranoia to some extent by using xplorer² "robust copy" when moving/copying my critical/archive data around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version