topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2012 Pledge & Final Release: Tell When Done  (Read 45448 times)

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2012 Pledge & Final Release: Tell When Done
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2013, 01:34 AM »
Hi dr_andus,

Sometimes the process on which you press hotkey for TWD, does not do any process, but call some other process. Since TWD watching the first process, it assumes that it is done. So may be CT is calling some other process, may be in it's own folder, to do the time consuming job. You can run some process viewer/explorer to check it.

I have plan to allow user to change or select the actual process which is doing the job. Hopefully will be able sit with it in next year.

Regards,

Anand

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 06:37 AM »
Hi Anand, thanks for your reply. I checked my process viewer, and it seems that a whole lot is going on while CT is processing. The processes that seem to be busy and involved are:

conntext.exe
sqlservr.exe
dwm.exe
csrss.exe

I presume it's the first two that are relevant? Maybe I need to ask the developer to find out which one is key here. In any case, I look forward to trying out your forthcoming version.

BONZ

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 05:15 PM »
IS THERE A WORKING DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THIS? GOOGLE DOES NOT WORK,    GRRR

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 05:26 PM »
Just confirming that the download links are giving 404 errors from google.  I'm sure anand will fix, stay tuned.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 01:33 AM »
IS THERE A WORKING ...
Bonz, could you please refrain from 'shouting' in the forum, ALL-CAPS is so 1980's :huh:
Your questions and remarks are welcome, of course.

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2015, 02:57 AM »
Hi BONZ, please do not panic  :)

I checked and found the website and the download page is working https://sites.google...endone/home/download

I am also giving the direct zip file download link for version 1.6.0 https://sites.google...tredirects=0&d=1

May be Google had some DOS problem, that time. Please check again. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Anand

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2015, 12:21 PM »
Anand, maybe you're not seeing it, as a guest would see it? As a guest I was thinking, the words "TellWhenDone1.6.0.zip (451k)" surely must give a file if clicked - but it was a dead end. Instead one has to press a microscopic and unnamed blue arrow situated far out in the margin. I expect more people than me don't understand or even notice that arrow.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2015, 12:39 PM »
As a guest I was thinking, the words "TellWhenDone1.6.0.zip (451k)" surely must give a file if clicked - but it was a dead end. Instead one has to press a microscopic and unnamed blue arrow situated far out in the margin.
Indeed i hadn't even realized what Curt was talking about until i went back to the page.  If you click on the filename link it leads to a new page and then a failed download.  but if you click on the tiny blue arrow at the far right margin it works.
Surely the links for the filenames are broken.

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2015, 01:08 PM »
Thanks Curt and Mouser.

Yes, we geek sometime forget that for a normal user it may not be obvious.

I should have fixed it for Tell When Done download page, when I was fixing for Overlap Wallpaper download page. I promise to fix it soon and my other free apps download pages too.

My apologies to all who had to face the download problem.

Regards,

Anand

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2015, 06:33 AM »
Added 'download" buttons for at least the latest version on all the apps download pages.

What I have noted that, when I designed the websites in google site, it was very simple i.e. not very complex. People could easily download files and I could easily make changes. Slowly slowly many options have been added by google and the default download links layout has been drastically changed, confusing people.

The logic of download button I found at somewhere else on one of the google site recently and started using it whenever I updated my apps. So the older apps webpages remained without the button.

Afraid if google decides something against the google site and auto adds ads etc. to them.

Regards,

Anand