Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 30, 2014, 06:17:47 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Plug-ins not showing...  (Read 1863 times)
kunkel321
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 06, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »

It's probably just an id10t error...   But,  shouldn't these plugins (see pic) show up here (see pic again)?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 11:27:10 AM »

This is the result of something that confuses a lot of people.
The FARR default install comes with all of those folders, but they are just placeholders to help DcUpdater know what plugins are available for install.  The actual plugins are not installed by default, so they will not show up from within FARR.
thewoodshopguy
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »

Can you provide more info on this. I have removed all of these folders, downloaded some plugins and put into the plugins folder. But no matter what I do, they never show in this plugins list. I am at a complete loss for how to install and use plugins.?

I have been unzipping the plugin into a folder by the plugins name, and then putting its contents into the plugins folder. But no luck, I have also tried putting all the files in the plugin folder directly into the plugins folder, also no luck. I have also put the zip file in the plugins folder, no luck.

Thanks for your help/
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 11:22:08 AM »

It sounds like you are doing things right.. can you tell me what Operating System you have, and give me the path to your plugins folder?

You can email me directly if you prefer (mouser@donationcoder.com).
thewoodshopguy
Participant

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 11:47:17 AM »

Sure: Windows XP Sp3
Path: c:\program files\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins

Also, since posting I tried 2 different plugins that seems to be working now: FarrProcs and FarrMostRecentlyUsed. They both show in the list now. The one I was trying was the CZB_pack because I was trying to get google calculate and no matter how I try that one, it will not work. Thanks.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 01:08:21 PM »

ah, czb pack is somewhat unusual, it has its own system of showing it's sub-plugins.  more info on it here: http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=17153.0

you type "fssc" to list the subplugins of czb pack.
thewoodshopguy
Participant

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »

Okay. Thanks for the assistance.

P.S. I am new to the program. I came from a mac running Alfred, and this is the closest thing I could find. Nice job!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.04 ]