ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Which social share sites should be featured in the "Share" button?

<< < (2/2)

allen:
With the customization simply being a question of modifying an array why not add a field in the user profile (in the way self-assigned badges are)? Then members could customize their sharing options themselves.

Renegade:
I also agree with Renegade (although I'm not sure he meant this on purpose): I'd like to see a small button per post, allowing the share in facebook and twitter.
What about the "I like this" button? I haven't been to DC in a while, and now coming back I've missed this button in at least 3 or 4 posts this week.
-jgpaiva (January 30, 2011, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's exactly what I meant. :)

Some of the threads are simply long, and if you want to point out a specific post in there, you don't want to force people to read the whole thread to find it.

I thought about mocking up the screenshot with a Like button, but I usually want to post something with it instead of just "Like" it. Ideally, both would be best, but that's a lot to put in. For speed and cleanness, I'd think that Facebook and Twitter are the 2 biggest, and that's enough.

With the customization simply being a question of modifying an array why not add a field in the user profile (in the way self-assigned badges are)? Then members could customize their sharing options themselves.
--- End quote ---

I think that's a great idea!

mouser:
I removed AddToAny, and replaced it with another middleman, SmartAddon, based on this nice roundup:
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/social-buttons-speed-performance-comparison/

HOWEVER, I dislike using these middleman tools.  We need to replace them with local html code that handles this stuff without having to fetch content from a 3rd party middleman.  Anyone want to try whipping up some html/js?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version