Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 22, 2014, 06:09:26 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1956 Autohotkey ancestor  (Read 1857 times)
slowmaker
Supporting Member

Reinventing the wheel can be fun!

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 06, 2011, 02:36:44 AM »

Currently browsing the 1950s Popular Sciences, ran across this:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Iy0DAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PP1&pg=RA1-PA278#v=onepage&q&f=true

You'll have to scroll down a little to see it, it's the bottom right corner of page 278, the page the link above *should* take you to.

Just thought it was interesting....

On a side note, my addiction to reading PopSci and PopMech back issues over the last couple of years has led to a "projects I wannna do" clipping/notes set that is essentially impossible to ever, ever Ever EVER complete (barring science-fiction-grade life extension discoveries).

Which is a good thing.

WinXP Home SP3 - PSPad 4.5.4
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 02:42:16 AM »

Nice post and nice find  Thmbsup
nosh
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 03:36:38 AM »

I like the smug "I'm the king of the world!" look the typewriter has.  cheesy
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 11:22:12 AM »

Interesting that many of those products have stood the test of time and are still available today.
daddydave
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 03:46:02 PM »

Currently browsing the 1950s Popular Sciences, ran across this:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Iy0DAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PP1&pg=RA1-PA278#v=onepage&q&f=true

You'll have to scroll down a little to see it, it's the bottom right corner of page 278, the page the link above *should* take you to.

Hilarious. Seems like a repurposed sewing machine pedal.

If bad things happen to other people, it's karma. If bad things happen to me, it's kismat!
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 06:01:23 PM »

I love this one from just a couple pages down:

daddydave
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 08:06:38 AM »

I love this one from just a couple pages down:
 (see attachment in previous post)

How ironic is it that someone invents a device that sucks in 7500 files a day to figure out better ways to spray pesticides? LOL

If bad things happen to other people, it's karma. If bad things happen to me, it's kismat!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.095s | Server load: 0.02 ]